GREEN and your health = a duo for life
It's March 17! It's hot, it's sunny and it's St. Patrick's Day! I mean "green".
Today, my mildly arthritic 13-year-old kitten got her energy boost because finally, the open patio door gave her her oasis of sunshine and spring warmth for the first time in 2022.
Kiwi, despite its fruit name, is not a fruit but a pussy. But like plants (and humans), it needs sun.
Oh ! Sun, sun! Make me smile!
Our circadian cycle is our internal clock. AND IT DEPENDS on the sun! In the sun, our pineal gland is stimulated and we secrete serotonin: serotonin is the neurotransmitter of happiness. 😀!
As for the plant world, the chlorophyll of plants captures the sun and photosynthesis provides them with their vital energy. The leaves turn green… come back to life and soon after, fruits, vegetables, flowers and all sorts of delicious foods are picked.
Eventually, we will eat these foods to provide us with nutrients and a good dose of healthy energy. Circle of Life!
GREEN is a symbol of growth, health and life
Green is a comforting color that has a stimulating and calming effect. It relieves stress and promotes communication.
-Hello world, how are you? Do you want to talk?
The apple green, for its part, confers a gently stimulating effect.
And the green of MATCHA ?
This is my favorite 🍵💚. It is a seductive, energizing, deep and zen green.
I'm won over... which explains the seductive green 😉
Green on our plate?
Essentially, the color green on your plate remains the healthy, logical and balanced solution!
- Green foods contain phyto-nutrients that are very useful for the functions of the human body!
- Green foods contain antioxidants that fight free radicals (the bad guys »
- Green foods contain dietary fibers that help us nourish our microbiota and also prevent constipation (phew!)
- Green foods do not contain added sugars (also "bad guys")
- Avoid ultra-processed products: these are the ones that are packaged in pretty colored boxes (even green boxes are to be avoided!!)
- Drink a matcha tea a day
Take a look at Herbanica's MATCHA tea collection
Good spring !
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Cheers!